Wednesday, March 24, 2010

can't think of a good title...

The beginning of the week has gone well. Monday, I spent the day in Valenciennes. More on that some other time (maybe). But I must say that I love the new TER trains that have electrical outlets! I was able to plug in my phone and play on it during my endless journey back to Chauny. I totally confused C. when I sent him a message saying I was in St. Quentin. Guess he didn't read the second part where I added that I was in a train that stopped in St. Quentin. When I got back home, he started messaging me asking what I was out and about doing in St. Q and to find out how my day in Valenciennes went.

Classes are cool. The BTS continue to be pains in my ass. Dinner has become a "Let's annoy Shannon" zone. While hilarious (I may never look at bread the same way again), it is quite distracting. Hopefully, they don't make Friday hell for me. And because Claude is not the best at keeping schedules straight, we had a little mixup yesterday which resulted in me missing class with the BTS. Not my fault at all. I did get quite the welcome when I showed up at the end for the class afterwards.

My new fan (that very sweet student) left me a very cute message on Facebook. He also asked if we could stay in touch after I left. Aww! How could I not?

C. continues to crack me up. We keep having conversations using just facial expressions and gestures. Totally throws everyone else off, because they have no idea what's going on and usually only see one of at a time. Add on to that the continuation of the competition between him and A., and there's never a dull moment. Tonight, they kept trying to out do each other by who knew more about us. *rolls eyes* Guys.

I honestly love the surveillants... especially the three that were there tonight. I really want to take a video of them saying/doing the things that will always remind me of them. Francois shouting "English!" and then spouting random English phrases. A. with his childish ways and sheepish grins and of course saying "Je veux du ketchup", because in his mind, ketchup goes with everything. And then, for C., basically just being goofy and winking at me a lot with an added shout of "Oh my God!" in his funny way. *sigh* They are one of the things I will miss the most about Chauny.

The even sadder thing is that C. won't be able to come on the London trip with us, because his parents are coming up that weekend. I was looking forward to the possibility. It would have been a blast! Not to mention hilarious! But I suppose certain students would have had too much of a field day with it. Guess I'll be once again sharing a room with Antoinette, the 55-year-old Physics teacher. joy.

Another (more thoughtful) post that has been on my mind lately, so look for that possibly soon. Maybe tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment