Saturday, March 13, 2010

i do love them, i do... and portes ouvertes!

The week ended as quickly as it began. Thursday, Friday, and this morning just flew by.

I have to remind myself how much I do in fact love the older BTSers, because some days, I just want to knock them upside the head. Yesterday was one of those days. First of all, Claude didn't prepare his part of the lesson after I had rushed the day before doing my part. Secondly, half the class (i.e. those who live here) showed up hungover after celebrating one of their birthdays the night before. Apparently, they learned nothing from D. getting kicked out. Thirdly, two of the students took it upon themselves to distract me for the entire two hours. They kept whispering at me, making faces, waving, etc. I mean, they're sweethearts, but can get on my nerves like no other. They apologized after class, but said that they found it too funny. We were also working with a recording that they have to repeat. One of the lines was "I've eaten on the beach". I was just waiting for it. Sure enough, "I've eaten on the bitch". So yet again, I had to explain and demonstrate the difference. Of course, these being 20 to 25 year-old guys, inappropriateness followed.

I also got to go to the TGM class! They were very well behaved (for them) which was surprising. They made me try some of their roasted chicken flavored potato chips (so so bizarre) in gratitude for the chocolates I gave them the week before. One of the students gave a wonderful presentation. He talked for over 30 minutes which is when Claire stopped him. All the other students talked for like 2 minutes, if that. I was so proud. He had told me he was well prepared, and he was right! Claire then invited me to stay for the 1GE who are also a bunch of sweeties. I was helping them with their dialogues. One wrote a really cute one. I can't wait to see it acted out! C. walked by the window as I was in the class, and he gave me a whole "What are you doing?" look. I know, it's so weird to see me working with Claire! It only took most of the year for me to be able to help her out.

When leaving, Claire and I ran into C. Since I hadn't really seen him all day, I stopped to chat. Claire also had something to ask him, so she joined in. C., being himself, had his hand around my arm. I just watched as Claire's eyes traveled from that, to me, to him, and back again before the look of "Oh, right" came onto her face. *headdesk* Plus, after hearing one of the students ask about C. spending time with me last week, it was clear what she thought. Then, this morning, we were standing next to each other for a bit, and she just smiled at us. And, we have another one. Whatever. I don't care. He can be my gay boyfriend.

Yes, so this morning (and last night... I just didn't go then) was the "Portes Ouvertes" (Open House). All faculty members are technically supposed to be there. I just sort of slip through the cracks since I'm not a "real" teacher. However, the principal seemed both surprised and then pleased to see me walk in the morning. We were provided with a free breakfast with coffee and juice (no complaints there!). I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to be doing, so I just sort of followed people. I did a tour of the ateliers (workshops) with some of the other teachers. Fascinating! Also picked up a bunch of free things in the Plasturgie atelier.

The morning also included eating Carambar cake, joking around with the teachers, getting spooked by Claude (he's so mature), watching Claude "attack" another teacher's kid, C. "yelling" at him, and then Claude starting up again once C. left (yes, so mature), chatting with A. about why on earth we had to be there, watching some of the surveillants play foosball (probably not what was in mind when requiring everyone to be there), etc. All and all, a good morning. There was a "pot" afterward, but as I figured Roxy would be wanting lunch (it was well after noon by then), I found A. and C. to say goodbye and to wish them a good weekend, said goodbye to the other teachers, and left early. Missed out on what looked to be champagne, cider, and other goodies. Sad face.

My plastic loot from this morning
Plastics


Oh, and I officially have absolutely nothing to do until Tuesday at 4 when I have class with Claire. I don't work Mondays (unless the new BTS are here) and Claude is "en stage" Tuesday, so my long 8-5 day with him is completely canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment