Wow. It's been a week since I last updated! How did that happen? I guess you can say I was a bit busy this week.
I've been busy with classes. The week really seemed packed. I even got to do an hour with my favorite class, the TGM! Both sides were very happy. I walked in and one of the students shouted "I love English with you, Shannon!". I had a little issue in that they saw I had chocolates with me since I had them for the LV-2 students (and C.), and they wouldn't calm down until they had some. I also earned some "street cred" by knowing French musical artists and by having a little "argument" with a student in Picard. That one even impressed the teacher. Wanted to smack (though not really) another one of the students who decided that was a good time to question me about C. and the time we spend together outside of school. At least he did it in English. Another one of my classes (okay, so it was one student) stayed an extra half an hour in English during the last class on a Friday! Color me surprise! My class with the adults was also amusing. I thought the one student who is probably about my age was going to have a smackdown with C. Boys.
One night at dinner, two collegians decided to eat with C.,A., and us. They were really quite annoying so it was hard for us to talk. At one point, I turned to C. and said "J'ai deux mots pour eux... go away!" (I have two words for them...). I don't know if he understood me for sure or just heard the tone in my voice, but he just burst out laughing and said "Oui". A. didn't follow too well, but I think he got the idea. A. also asked if the message he left me on my birthday in English made sense, and I assured him that it was completely correct. He then wanted to know what some lyrics meant and then admitted they were from a Hannah Montana song. I have been giving him grief for that ever since!
Claude and his wife gave me a bottle of champagne for my birthday! Not just sparkling wine people, but real Champagne from the Champagne region. Can't wait to try it!
Speaking of Champagne, Wednesday, I went to Reims. Wandered around the town, looked in the shops, had a mediocre lunch, and spent some time at a cafe.
Yesterday, I spent the day in Paris. I went for K&K Get Cultured #2 where we visited the sewers of Paris. We had a free guided tour, so we learned a lot of fascinating information. Like how there is one rat in Paris for every Parisian. Oh yay. Afterward, some of us went for a drink and to chat. I really love those meet ups. I've met a bunch of new and really great people that way! I had lunch with Anna and her friend, wandered around a bit, and then met up with my French prof, Anna, and two of her friends to go to the Orangerie to see Monet's Water Lily paintings. They were so beautiful! Such a lovely day! I'm so glad that I decided to go!
My week definitely ended better than it started. I was put in a bad mood at the beginning of the week, because C. didn't get that something he did (or in his case didn't do) was such a big deal, until he realized I was pretty angry. He's been working on making it up to me. He said tons of sweet things and gave me a lot of encouragement both before and after my trip to Reims (which had a reason to it other than day trip). It definitely helped him get back into my good graces. Otherwise, there could have been bloodshed at dinner Wednesday night. Err... kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment