We had a "storm" Thursday evening. I say "storm", because it was just a few flashes of lighting, some rumbling of thunder, and a ten minute downpour. While we rarely get rain accompanied by thunder and lightning, I still was hoping for a better effort. However, when we walked out to go to dinner, there was a rainbow! A full one where you could see the entire arc from end to end. It was gone a few minutes later, because the guys didn't see it.
Can you believe it? The BTS behaved themselves for the most part during our two hours together Friday morning! Okay, yes, they did hide one of their classmates stuff, but they kept the distractions to a minimum. Guess they're over it for the time being. This week, they have exams, so I don't have to deal with them at all (except for seeing them around and at dinner) until after vacation. So nice. All my other classes went smoothly as well. The new BTS (the FEE) got an escort to their class on Friday afternoon to make sure more than one or two of them showed up. The ones who usually take off were not thrilled, but they NEVER come to the Friday class. Also (after the many requests from my new fan), I spent a half an hour following the FEE with the 1GE. What a busy day! Started at 8, finished at 5. Oy.
I also kept running into C. and A. which of course provided entertainment. I even stopped by the surveillants office at the end of the day to wish them both a good weekend. C. was heading down to his parents' in La Rochelle, because his brother is visiting from Spain, so I wanted to be sure to tell him to have fun. Wish I had had fun plans like that for the weekend.
Yes, plans. The Soissons thing didn't end up happening. Not for lack of trying though. Anne just didn't hear from her friend until it was too late for me to get where we were going. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Yesterday, in Chauny, there was a huge anti-racism/antifascist protest scheduled. The town was freaked out by it. La Rotonde was closed for the day. People were on edge. The gate to the school was even closed and locked for the first time ever. Luckily, I have a key! Of course, this just made me curious, so I insisted on going down to check it out. Like anything else in France, it started late. It didn't seem to be that big of a deal in my opinion. The gendarmes and police were out in force, many of them in full of riot gear. The shops and cafes that remained open had their gates partly closed just in case. And you know what? Of course nothing got out of control. We didn't stay for the whole thing (just watched it walk by). I was curious enough to want to see it through, but Roxy didn't. It's not everyday something this big happens in Chauny! Sure, we get protests all the time, but nothing this big that was organized to this extent.

Hey Shannon!
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful!! I LOVE rainbows!! Glad you had your camera with you!
Take care,
Leesa
Hi Leese!
ReplyDeleteThanks! And that's the beauty of my iPhone. I always have a camera on me!