Cross over the Belgian border and come back again!
And that is exactly what Hannah and I did today! We were literally in Belgium for a grand total of five minutes.
Other than that, I've just been tutoring. And dealing with these children's parents. Usually, it's just a quick "Bonjour. Ca va?" and then they pay me. Quick. Simple. No hassle. Their kid is gaining knowledge in English, and I leave with extra cash in my pocket. Both parties are happy. Then, occasionally, you get the parents who continually ask about their child's progress and how well said child is doing despite the fact that they were sitting in the next room the whole hour while you spent the entire time trying to get the kid to say anything in English while she whined about wanting to play charades (in French of course). Oh, the joys.

I you must have so much patience trying to teach little French children to speak English! Bravo.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed your 5 minutes in Belgium! LOL! I love Europe!
Hi Shannon!
ReplyDeleteI actually did have a look at your blog last week and meant to comment but for some reason that didn't happen? Anyway I live all of two kilometers from Belgium and before baby and house and all that stuff that life throws at you, we'd go to Belgium when we were bored too. They have amazing plant/random house stuff stores that you can get lost in for hours and always end up spending too much money!
Would love to meet up if ever you are in Lille! Glad to hear that your flatmate won't be moving to D-town, too!