Friday, December 19, 2008

caffeine feind!

I had a great time with Kylie and her son this afternoon! She's one of the nicest people ever, and her son is just so adorable! I think I also ran into practically every single guy I know in Chauny while I was with her. I looked very popular. But note to self: When you have to be ready for a 5am bus, do not drink an entire pot of coffee. Yes, I just kept drinking all the coffee she offered me. And chocolate on top of that which also has caffeine in it. *sigh* Seriously, I was all jittery by the time I left her. My head was all over the place, and I couldn't form any complete thoughts.

I went back to the cafe since I only had a bit longer to wait for Paul to get home, and there was no sense going back to my room. I almost agreed to another cup of coffee (they know my drink), but I changed my mind last minute (totally threw the guy off) and got a diabolo instead. I'm definitely sure that server thinks I'm quite the spaz by now. I was there twice today, and both times, I managed to make a fool out of myself.

And then, surveillant Sn. and his friend came in, so I stopped to say "hello" as I left. Seeing as I was in a caffeine induced frenzy, I earned some crazy looks after my failed attempt at normalcy. This was pretty much the gist of what I said. "Salut! Hi! Ca va?! [do the bise]..... Okay... bonnes fetes!! Ciao! Bye!" Yeah. I'm a moron. And yes, I did mix my languages. Sn. kind of just laughed, but I'm pretty sure his friend thought I was on crack. Who knows what was said about me after I walked out that door?

Okay, need to try to get some shut eye before heading off to London!!

3 comments:

  1. god, caffeine has absolutely no effect on me anymore, except to keep me sane and happy. the obvious solution is to drink that much all the time, like me! seriously though, drinking a whole pot of coffee doesn't sound like a lot to me. i'm so caffeine-jaded :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I am not a coffee person, but an additional thing not to do when you have to wake up super early the next day: go out for drinks with old roommate! At least I was already packed so it wasn't too bad the next morning . . .
    Have fun in London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! I've done those caffeine highs before... Now, it just makes me tired!
    Happy New Year to you, Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete