Thursday, December 4, 2008

merce! de!

Only the best thing ever happened at dinner with the surveillants last night! Okay, so last year, we were lazy and made up shorter words for things. It works in some cases like "comme d'hab" (comme d'habitude) and "bon app" (bon appetit). However, we had more. Our favorites were "merce" (merci) and "de" (de rien). Now, maybe that does have an actual place in the language, but we were told time and time again by our friends that those meant nothing. Imagine my surprise last night when Sn. poured Francois some water, and Francois said "merce" and Sn followed with a "de"! Haha. So amusing!

Anyway, Amiens was a good time yesterday as well. It started out a rainy day, but it ended up clearing up. We met up with another assistant there, and we wandered around the Christmas market and shops together. We had yummy crepes for lunch before buying mulled wine and splitting some churros at the market. Let me tell you about the crepe I had! It was called "Ch'ti"! Best name ever! How could I not try it? It consisted of maroilles (yes, that stinky cheese from the movie that everyone in the North eats), ham, and potatoes. It was amazing! It was the best crepe I ever had!

Today, it was snowing when I woke up! Actual snow! It was even starting to coat the ground. But of course it stopped. *pouts*

I took a group of my BTSers. When class started, Claude asked who would be the Shannon group today. Everyone's hands shot up. He then had to ask who went the last time, and those four students finally reluctantly admitted to having gone with me. Claude noted those names and asked again who wanted to go today. Those four's hands shot up first, and Claude called on them to go! What?! I thought the whole purpose was to give me a new group. Guess that flew out the window. I had nothing prepared, because I was just planning on doing the same thing I did on Tuesday. Well, they were still relatively chatty (especially the one who was chatty the other day), and I made them explain their Christmas and New Year's traditions and plans to me. In the end, we did a lot more of a mixture of French and English than the other day. But oh well, it still went very well.

And Claude has just found the CD I made for him last year, so we have listened to his favorite song "Don't Worry Be Happy" like 50 times today in the classes. Oh boy.

Tomorrow, is the Telethon at the high school. Looking forward to it! You might recall from last year that I had like no classes that day, because the students were all involved in it. We'll see if the same thing happens this year. I'm hoping to go to some of the events even though I completely forgot to buy tickets. Oops. They're also going to be selling waffles and coffee for 50 centimes during the lunchtime hours. Can't wait!

And this weekend.... Paris! It's going to be a very good time.

We also booked tickets to go to Brussels in January. More fun to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment