In case you were wondering, the haggis wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's still something I would probably never eat again, but at least I tried it.
Yesterday, I had the best piece of news ever! Hart is back in France! She's currently staying in Paris on a sort of extended "vacation". I will be seeing her this weekend and am beyond excited about this! Mini Chauny reunion! Yay!
I don't like surprises when it comes to my classes. So imagine today when I was shipped off with a group of my BTSers today. I was told I'd be taking them on Thursday, so I had nothing prepared. I think it was only because we were stuck in a small room, so it was easily to send me off to the library with some of them. And of course, it was four guys whose only participation in class is "je sais rien moi" (I don't know anything) including the one who constantly does crazy things to try to get me to laugh. Claude told me to just have them talk about their jobs. That didn't sound too bad.
Okay, so we did the basics and then I approached the job question. Not one of them has a job! Surprising, the hour did go by pretty quickly though. The funny one just spoke to me in "franglais"... okay, so it was more French with a few words of English. The real surprise was that one of the guys kept asking me lots of questions. He did struggle a bit, but he could hold a conversation with minimal help on translations. And this guy always says he never understands when we're in class! I definitely want to tell the teacher how well he did. I think it was the format (and probably a bit of curiosity about me). The guys pretty much got to say the things they knew how to say (with a little bit of translating help) instead of being asked to repeat things off of a cassette like they do a lot in class. I don't know if it'll be possible to always just do "conversation" with them, but if it is, I'm definitely going to do the same format of us all sitting around one table instead of me at the front of a classroom.
Tomorrow, we're going to Amiens to go to the Christmas market. It's supposed to be the biggest one in Northern France. It better be! We're getting up early to catch the train, and it's supposed to rain. Plus, I'm not that impressed with the city itself.
Natasha and I are also considering going to the Amel Bent concert in Chauny on Thursday if there are still tickets left. It's not often that an actual pop star comes to Chauny. Plus, it'll be a cool experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment