Tuesday, November 24, 2009

if you see twilight in french, it's educational, right? (no, this post isn't only about the film)

I had a wonderful weekend. Even had something to occupy me on my usually boring Monday!

Sunday, Roxy and I went to Paris. We did some strolling on the Champs Elysees and did some browsing in the shops there before meeting Anna for lunch. It had been too long since I had seen her last! It was nice to finally be able to catch up with her. Unfortunately, she had to head to work after our lunch, so we didn't get to spend the entire day bumming around Paris together. Roxy and I went to the shops at the Louvre where I drooled over the shiny new Apple store there before heading to the Opera area. There, we saw the new Twilight - in English of course. All the better to mock it.

I had tentative plans set for Monday afternoon, but since I hadn't heard for sure and my online message went unanswered, I started to think they weren't going to be happening. On the train back to Chauny, my phone went off. It was C. apologizing for not responding to my message on MSN. Since our tentative plans were to see Twilight (yes, I am sad), he gave me an out since I had already seen it. I assured him I was still coming to St Quentin to see it with him and his friend. Later, on MSN, he told me that I didn't actually have a choice - I had to come see it whether I liked it or not. LOL.

So Monday afternoon, I braved the atrocious wind and rain and went to St. Quentin. I ended up having to occupy myself for awhile, because C. hadn't managed to get himself ready for the day yet. I was kind of sad, because I didn't want to just sit in a theater for two hours, because then what was the point of coming? The three of us met at the theater, and I had my first Twilight dubbed into French experience. You know, it wasn't that bad. Some of the characters are less annoying in French. C. cracked up at some of the same scenes that made me laugh further proving that our sense of humors are the same.

After the film, he asked me when my train home was. I said that I could take a train in 20 minutes or in an hour and a half. He said that obviously I had to take the last one, so we could get a coffee. We chatted about the film and it was decided that I had to be in France until the fourth film came out. I would just have to tell the Prefecture that. After a bit, his friend left to go home (he doesn't live in St. Q), but we stuck around for another coffee. C. even walked me to the train station and waited with me for the train to leave. Even though it ended up leaving 10 minutes late, he waited with me - jumping off the train when the conductor blew his whistle. He then stood there waving and blowing kisses. Such a sweet guy. So in the end, it was worth going to St. Quentin to see the film again. We chatted later on MSN, but he was having computer issues so he ended up calling me to apologize for getting disconnected (like it was his fault!) and to say goodnight. Aww!

And since this always seems to come up when I talk about C., we're not together. He's definitely crossed the line from acquaintance/co-worker into friend territory. He's a tough one to read. I very well could have just met his boyfriend though I still don't know...

I had such a long day today. Literally had classes from 8-5 with a short break for lunch since I could finally go to class with the TGM. That was the highlight of my (work) day. Some of the other classes were just grating on my nerves. No matter how many times I tell them something, they just keep making the same mistakes. Today was just not the day to do the same "betises". Though the older BTS hid my notebook (seriously can't leave anything unguarded with them), it didn't bother me much. They just kid around, and we laughed about it at dinner when they kept pointing fingers at who was to blame.

But then some of the comments surveillant Sn. was making over dinner about C. and his plans to take the "internes" (students who live there) to the Christmas market in St. Quentin were the last straw. A. made some comments as well, but since he had been sweet and asked about my weekend, I was able to let them slide. Plus, he let it go. Sn. just kept going on and on. You know what? I like C.'s idea. The BTS seemed interested in it. Insulting someone who is my friend does not fly with me especially with the mood I was in. I was surprised by his attitude, and it made me lose some of my respect for him. He kept looking at me thinking I'd agree with his comments, but I just made some snide remark about how it's better than the market in Chauny and that taking students to the one in Paris (Sn.'s suggestion) would be difficult and more expensive. In fact, I'm even going to ask if I can go. It shouldn't be a problem since I'm a part of the lycee. If it is, I can just meet them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment