It's no secret that the TGM is my favorite class still at my school. It's also no secret that I was upset that Claude no longer has this class, so I can't just come all the time. They may be holy terrors in the eyes of their new teacher (C. had even joked on Monday that the reason I could go to their class this week was because it was during the greve (strike) and she wouldn't be there, but in the end, she didn't actually strike), but I adore them. Fortunately, the teacher is slowly letting me come to class with them. This week, they had to create dialogues describing a robbery. I worked with them on Tuesday, helping them with their grammar, vocab, and pronunciation. Friday, they performed the skits.
Two stood out in general. One involved a stolen pancake on the streets of NYC. It definitely cracked me up. Especially since it involved the one student who could pull off the stolen pancake thing and make it funny without it just being too stupid.
But it had nothing on the other one. It was put on by two of my favorite students who both have extremely good English. As in these two students are a part of the handful in the entire school who could hold a real conversation with me. It involved the one wearing a scarf and talking in a high-pitched girly voice, because he was playing a woman. The entire class just about died laughing, including myself. I didn't think I would be able to stop. The problem? The subject matter was HIGHLY inappropriate. Hilarious. But inappropriate. And we're not just talking swear words here which just seem to be normal inside a French classroom. At first, I was like "Did he just say what I think he did? ... Yes, yes he did." We'll just say that it involved a sex-shop and certain paraphernalia. I should have suspected something was up after hearing some rather illicit words whenever I walked past their group. However, since their level of English is so high, they never needed my help except for a few words here and there, so I didn't know what they were writing.
I don't think the teacher appreciated it. She didn't say too much to me, but she did comment a bit on my reaction after class. Hopefully, I get to return again... It also didn't help that as the students were leaving, a few of them said "au revoir" to her, but when they passed me, every single one said "Goodbye, Shannon" and a few "Bon weekend"s.
hahahahaha, that's hilarious. And good for them that they were able to figure out all of that vocab on their own! lol
ReplyDelete