Wednesday, December 2, 2009

you're not so tough now, are you?

By far, the highlight of my day yesterday - a long eight hour day - was my group of 1GM singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". This was a group of about ten seventeen-year-old "tough" teenage boys. At first, they refused to sing. They would only read the lyrics. I, of course, had embarrassed myself by singing the song to them at the beginning of class. However, one brave soul decided to actually sing it. A few others followed him. By the end of class, we all sang it together. It was hilarious, because everyone was going at their own speed, but I couldn't help but love them all. These are the kind of boys that keep the appearance that if you run into them in a dark alley you would fear for your life, but in reality, they are so sweet.

I also showed the song to my older BTSers since I had them right before. After they hid all of Claude's things, they convinced me to sing, and I received a round of applause. But these guys refused to sing even though I said they couldn't leave until they did. A few belted out a few random notes, but that was all I could get out of them. Some of these guys thought it was funny to keep calling my name and tapping on my shoulder during dinner.

I spent two hours with my younger BTSers translating articles from English to French. I have some mad translating skills now! I may not make it sound completely natural (hey, it is technical crap after all), but I can get the point across.

In less fun news, there are some suspected cases of swine flu at the school, and there's one possibly confirmed case at the other high school. Fun. Surveillant S. works at the other school, and he shared this bit of info with me before also sharing that he was out all last week with a serious case of the flu. Yes, he told me this after doing the bise and sitting right next to me. Ah, lovely. But he swears it wasn't the swine flu, and that he's completely over it. I teased him a bit before letting him do another bise after dinner. Also have decided the surveillant A. is really nice to chat to.

The Telethon is this Friday! Can't wait! So not doing any classes in the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment