Before heading off to Berlin, I spent a lovely Sunday in Paris with some pretty awesome people. First off, two lovely pictures I took that day. I really like how they came out! My new camera is amazing!
I had planned to spend that day in Paris for some time. Rebecca, a girl I met at Middlebury this summer, was spending a week in the city, and we had planned to spend the day together. I woke up bright and early, took the train to Paris, stored my bag for Berlin, and met up with her. We headed off to the Champs Elysees to check out the Christmas market there. Of course, that's when we got hit with a freak snowstorm. Being completely American, I didn't opt for the umbrella in the snow usage like the Parisiens did, so I ended up soaked to the bone by the snow. Not cool.
In search of a hat and cheaper food, we decided to go to the Montparnasse area. After a delicious lunch of pizza, I successfully found a hat that I loved. Although I kept forgetting about said hat, and Rebecca had to keep picking it up for me where I left it. I also made plans to meet up with C. before his train to La Rochelle. Never one to miss an opportunity, he started to tease me in his texts. He even admitted to it! And even admitted to loving doing it! It's okay. I forgave him after he bought me coffee and gave me some of the yummy bread he had for lunch. So yes, we met up with him at the Montparnasse station so we'd have as much time as possible. Anna even joined us as well. C. was in true form and had us all cracking up (along with teasing me of course), and he refused to let me pay for my coffee. That guy spoils me! Seriously, he shoved my hand away when I tried to give the server money. We stayed with him until his train left. Anna, C., and I decided that we must do a soiree altogether soon, so that'll be fun.
After saying goodbye to C., Anna, Rebecca, and I wandered around the area some before deciding to head back to the Champs Elysees where we met up with a friend of Anna's. We walked through the market some and then got coffee in the Jardin des Tuileries. Before long, I had to head back to the Gare de Nord to meet up with Anne for dinner and then to catch our (hell of a) night train to Berlin. I, of course, left my shiny new hat at the restaurant. I'm so not used to having one! Don't worry, I found an even better one in Berlin!
New post soon about Berlin!


No comments:
Post a Comment