Sunday, December 6, 2009

attention seekers, telethons, and shopping in Paris

Thursday night, surveillants C. and A. had a little competition over who gets the foreigner's attention. A. started out by bragging about the delicious desserts we brought him the day before. C. just smiles and says that I had put some aside for him (which I had told him the night before when I caught him on MSN and he apologized for ruining my surprise). Later, I gave them both a bag of Rice Krispies treats. C. complained that A. had already had his, and it wasn't fair that he got more. A. just grinned like a big kid. I told C. not to worry, that if he liked them, I would bring him more the next day. We had so many desserts with our dinner, that he decided to hold on to them for later. He told me he would either call me or catch me on MSN. Cut to A. acting all jealous and asking about why I'm never connected on Facebook. I said I was always on, but rarely on the chat client. Ahh, these guys.

C. ended up not being at all hungry, but he tried the treats later anyway, and he did like it! So I brought him more the next day, and I explained what was in it. One of the chef's saw, and he acted all grossed out by them. I don't know how much of it was him kidding...

Friday was also the annual Telethon. I only had two hours of class! With the BTS. Love them, but two hours at 8am on a Friday morning... not cool. They made a comment about how it's impossible to know any English that early in the morning. I responded by saying that I had to speak French just as early. Two of them smiled mischievously at me and said "Attention Shannon. On a un dossier sur toi!" Let's just say I had a not so graceful run-in with the turnstile at dinner the night before, and they witnessed it. Now, they are trying to blackmail me. The other students wanted to know what happened, but they refused to say. During the second hour, one of these two kept giving me little waves with a huge grin on his face. Ah, boys.

Back to the Telethon. Claude bought me a ticket to the concerts, so I went to those. The one group was okay. All of their songs sounded the same. The second group was a group of students, and they did some English covers. Including a hardrock version of "Baby One More Time". Doesn't get any better than that. I also went to Star Academy (which was pretty much very bad karaoke) and the concert with the preschoolers. They even sang a verse in English. So adorable! And let's not forget the homemade waffles and coffee for 50 centimes! Love Telethon day!

Yesterday, Roxy and I went to Paris. We met up with Jamie who's an assistant outside of Lille (love blogger/twitterer meetups!). We did some shopping. I bought a few cheap necklaces, a dress for New Year's Eve, a small purse, and boots. Very successful shopping trip... but not for my debit card. We also had a drink at a cafe for Happy Hour before having dinner at Breakfast in America. I introduced two new fans. I ate far too much and drank too much coffee (only place with a bottomless cup à la américaine!). I love Paris. The only downside was that I was unable to meet up with Anna. Sad.

Even though he doesn't read this blog (I so have it on lockdown! And it's in English), I want to wish a very happy birthday to surveillant S.! Such a nice guy deserves a great day. It's so hard for me to believe that he's turning the same age as my brother. He seems so much older.

I think that's all I have to say for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment