Today is the last day of my holidays in Aix. Tomorrow, I will be on a TGV racing towards the north, or Paris rather. A quick metro ride and another shorter train ride, and then I'll be back in Chauny. The trip has been filled with good food, lazy days, excellent conversation, and beautiful weather. Everything a vacation should be.
Roxy and I have spent most of our days wandering around the center of Aix, passing time at the markets, browsing the shops, and sitting at my favorite cafe here. Yes, we are such creatures of habits that we went to the same cafe every single day. Not that much of a change from Chauny now is it?
Vero is the same as ever. Completely crazy and full of endless chatter. She has kept us well-fed including making her famous couscous dish. Mmm! She has definitely spoiled me rotten. Can't complain though. Another highlight was the night she decided to speak to us in English (she speaks very VERY rudimentary English, and not correctly at that) which had us in fits of laughter.
I also saw the two lovely ladies who were in charge of my study abroad program here. I had a nice long chat with Vivienne about my time here in France. And she was surprised that I had a person from her home country (North Ireland) tagging along with me.
Oh, and I also got my hair cut. I found a picture in one of Vero's magazine that I absolutely loved. Of course, though the guy said he's only take off 2 centimeters off the longest layer, my hair ended up much shorter than planned. I still like it though it wasn't exactly what I wanted, and I was trying to grow my hair long. At least it's healthier. My ends were completely fried. Before you ask for a photo, I don't have my camera cord here with me.
That's it on my holiday tales. I don't think you all want a step-by-step post of us wondering around aimlessly for a week. LOL. I kind of enjoy the vacations where I'm not playing tourist.
Thursday, SFR is sending a technician, so hopefully, we'll get this internet thing figured out, and I will soon be connected. Also, have some other plans for the day... we'll see how motivated I am.
And I can't wait to go back to La Rotonde! I miss it so!!
No comments:
Post a Comment