Saturday, November 21, 2009

no, i haven't forgotten about this blog

Wow. It's been a very long time since I've posted. Sorry about that. It's just I got lazy, and then, I had too much to say, so I put it off, which just led to me having more to say. It's a horrible circle. So much has happened since my last post, and I've been debating how much I want to share here, but I guess I'll give a brief summary.

First off, we finally have internet! Real legit internet! So now, I'm able to catch up on my shows. Yay! This has also led to sleep deprivation. Secondly, after two visits to Laon, I have my visa validated, and I am legally allowed to be in France until mid September. So another yay! No more worrying about when those appointments were going to pop up.

Classes have been going well. With the holiday (Armistice Day) and my trips to Laon, I missed a bunch, but oh well. My older BTS students continue to be oh so mature and have taken to hiding Claude's things whenever he leaves the room. One day, I caught them hiding his bag in the ceiling when I walked into the room, and then yesterday, he left me alone with the entire class for awhile, and while a few surprisingly wanted to continue working, the others hid his things. At least they're harmless. I also ran into a former student from who finished last year. He's doing very well, and he's getting good grades in English. I'm so proud! He was in my favorite class last year. I miss them all.

With the holiday, the student D. had to stay in our hallway the other week. Another one in his class also had to stay that night since he's also from far away. We had an interesting night. Apparently, a Breton and a Norman should not be left to their own devices. They competed the entire night over various things, the last of which did not end very well. Well, at least for the Norman. D. can pretty much fend for himself and can be surprising responsible in his own way. Let's just say that though D. swore to me that he knew how to get back home, an acquaintance found the two of them wandering around by the station (the complete opposite direction from where we live) at the end of the night. Also, apparently, being a "babysitter" is now in the job description of language assistant. Oh, those two.

At the weekend, we had plans to go to Paris. Roxy went. I was too tired and distracted. We didn't have any plans for Friday evening, but we knew D. was around. We heard him come in to the hallway, and he had someone else with him, and I swore I recognized the voice. When he texted me, Roxy and I just went down to his room, and I found D. with surveillant C.! After hanging out some there, we decided to all get dinner together. With a little persuading, D. and I convinced C. to stay in Chauny for the night. So after walking Roxy home, the three of us went out. We ran into half the surveillants of my school, I made a fool out of myself playing pool, and we just all had a great time. After an interesting walk home where D. showed his young age, we continued to hang out. D. curled up and fell asleep rather quickly, but C. and I stayed up until about 4am listening to music. Needless to say, I was not too in the frame of mind to drag myself to Paris after that. Instead, I spent the day in Chauny with C. and D. which was lovely despite the exhaustion. Those boys spoil me.

Since I stayed in Chauny, I made plans with the new English teacher to go to the concert that was to raise money for the factory that is closing. Only in France would there be a concert to raise money for a factory that has been shutdown because it's so unprofitable. So Roxy and I went with the teacher. It was okay... it really wasn't my type of music, but for Chauny, there were a lot of people there! Afterwards, we went out with D. for a bit. Roxy left after a little while, leaving me to babysit the youngster and be made fun of by one of the surveillants who came. The night ended awkwardly, and when I hopped on MSN to recount it all to C., he thought it was hilarious.

This week, I also met up with Sophie, the French girl I met in Chauny two years ago. She was in Germany last year, so we didn't really get to hang out then either. She also just got a job in Clermont, so she'll be leaving in a month or two. But it was still awesome to catch up with her. Turns out, she also knows Francois from my school. Small world! Okay, so it's Chauny.

This weekend, we're having a lazy day today. Tomorrow, we're heading to Paris where I'll get to see Anna! We are also going to see Twilight! Can't wait!

I guess that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment