Monday, August 13, 2012

back in france!


After many delays at both the Cleveland and Philadelphia airports, I am safely back in France. J. picked me up at the airport, and we drove back to Lille. We hit some major traffic jams on the way as all the Belgians headed to their coast for vacation, but we still made good time.

Since then, we've basically just been chilling in Lille. Saturday, we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and wandered around town some before enjoying a delicious lunch of tartines out on a terrace. We watched (okay, I have slept through) some TV before watching the US women crush the French team in basketball. Even the commentators had no faith which was a little sad. If the US had been the lesser team, you know American commentators would have talked them up like nothing else.

Yesterday was another lazy day (I seriously had issues of staying awake), but we did manage to get out and enjoy the sunshine with a few drinks on a terrace and wandering around a neighborhood we had never been to.

After a pretty much sleepless night for me (damn you, jet lag), my great accomplishment was meeting J. for lunch and then meandering around the mall near where he works. Ah, productivity.

Tonight, J. will drive me and my very heavy suitcase back to Valenciennes where the unpacking will commence. Then, I need to start setting back up my private lessons. With Wednesday being a public holiday here (and therefore sucky public transportation), I have an excuse to be somewhat lazy this week. Plus, Denise is around tomorrow and Wednesday morning before she heads to Canada for her visa. I haven't seen her in over a month, so we have lots of catching up to do in very little time!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Hope you get to relax a bit before uni starts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! I have been out of the blogger's loop but this post allows me to assume that all went well at the consulate! Bravo, Miss!

    I can't wait to get back!! Enjoy the last few weeks of the summer before the dreaded September rentrée! : )

    ReplyDelete