Sunday, August 5, 2012
go for gold! and cows?
Well, with less than a week left, I'm winding down my time here in the States. It's been a pretty relaxing trip. I've just been taking my shadows err.. dogs for walks, catching up with a few friends, and watching the Olympics like it's my job.
Is anyone else watching the Olympics? While NBC's coverage here in the US leaves something to be desired, I can't help but sit in front of the TV watching them for hours on end. Plus, J. and I are having a competition. Okay, not so much a competition, but we're making a playlist together. Every time a US athlete gets a gold, I add an American song, and every time France gets a gold, J. adds a French song. However, there is a slight flaw in J.'s idea... I don't think he realized how many golds the US wins, so American songs pretty much dominate the playlist. Speaking of which, I need to add songs for today's golds!
One other thing I wanted to do while home was to send a postcard to J. from Cleveland. The problem is I never actually go downtown (no need to do so), so it's next to impossible to find a postcard. And god only knows if they make postcards for North Ridgeville.
We went to visit my aunt in Pennsylvania on Saturday, so while on the turnpike, I stopped at a rest stop to check out the travel store. I still failed to find one from Cleveland - they had one of Columbus which is strange considering we were so so close to Cleveland and no where near Columbus - however, they had plenty for Ohio itself. And they mostly featured cows. Lots and lots of cows. Americans, when you think of Ohio, do you think of cows? I finally settled on one that, yes, had a cow, but also had some facts about Ohio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think of beer and cows :-p And Findlay, where my sister went to school, lol.
ReplyDelete