Thursday, August 9, 2012

last day at home!


Today is my last full day at home. Tomorrow morning, I'll be off to the airport for my flight to Philadelphia and then on to Brussels. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly. Of course, the fact that I'm leaving tomorrow hasn't encouraged me into packing my suitcase. It's still laying untouched on the floor and various bags of purchases are laying all over the house. I should probably get going on all that, right?

I've had a nice last week. My mom and I went shopping on Monday, and I finally managed to find a few cute articles of clothing for autumn. Tuesday, I saw a girl from high school for lunch. We got very spicy Thai food at a small restaurant in Berea. It was beyond yummy, and it took me awhile to get my mouth down to normal temps. And I saw a childhood friend for coffee and will be seeing her again today. I also remembered to renew my driver's license as it's expiring in February while I'm gone.

J. is picking me up at the airport Saturday morning saving me from dragging my sure to be 50lb bag on and off several trains in my effort to get from Brussels airport to Lille. After nearly a month apart (talking on the phone each day just isn't the same), I'm really looking forward to seeing him. Saturday cannot come soon enough!

Anyway, this is my last post until I'm back in France. See you on the other side!

1 comment: