Thursday, October 25, 2007

and another reason to hate the postal system

My mom sent me a small package last week, and it arrived today! That was exciting! However, there was a small hole in it, and something was missing. So not cool. Such a waste of money for me mom. She paid for it and then paid to have it sent to me. And now, I'm still without the thing I asked for.

Things have been okay here. Nothing to report on the teaching side of things. I need to talk to my contact person, but he's never here, it seems. I can never find him long enough to talk to him. Finally, the other day, I sent him an email, and still... nothing! I'm supposed to have one of his classes today, so hopefully, I can actually talk to him then. If not, I am going to be even more highly annoyed. But yeah, I should have two classes today, so hopefully, those go well. One of them is with the dreaded DP6 class, but I won't have the group alone today.

Katie and I have been having dinner this week at the other assistants' place. That has been nice. Though I think I'm eating way too much. Got to cut back on the cheese and dessert. But Viany can sure cook! I'm not sure what we're doing tonight, but either way, at least I've had some good meals this week. I skipped lunch yesterday, because for once, I looked at the menu and it said liver. Hell no. Instead, I had my good old standby - cereal. I've taken to buying little bottles of milk that I can use in one serving, so I don't have to worry about refrigeration.

That's about it for now, I think. Tomorrow is the last day before the fall vacation! I cannot wait. Saturday evening, I will be down in lovely Aix-en-Provence. Hopefully, that'll make me feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment