So I checked at the train station, and there are no trains running through it tomorrow. There's some buses, but none that will get me to Laon in time. I talked to the secretary at my school today, and she took sympathy with me and called the number on the letter I received. The other person must have been rude to her, because she got very short, but she told me that I would automatically be sent another letter in November with a new appointment. Guess that I don't really have anything to worry about then. And now, I can go to my classes with Carole in the morning. I really like her. She's nice.
I was planning on applying for my carte de sejour next week, but I guess I'll have to wait. Though I think I can start the process then just give them this medical form once I have my appointment. We'll see. It's just my luck that something like this would happen to me!
Oh, and in other news, last night's dinner was utterly horrible. It was tongue. Yes, I am serious. Katie and I were sitting with the philosophy teacher, so we asked him what it was. I understood him, but Katie had to wait until he left to ask me if it was what she thought it was (it did look like a tongue). I was completely grossed out by the whole thing and definitely did not eat it. I'm not a huge meat-eater in general, so tongue is way past my limits. I'm going to have to study the food menu a little more closely ahead of time. It's kind of hard, because I don't always know what kind of food it is just by the name.
No comments:
Post a Comment