Monday, October 29, 2007

just a quick hello from aix

I'm currently in Aix and loving it! I'm at the CEA office visiting with Vivienne so I thought I'd post a quick hello! It's really like I never left. Walking into town yesterday, I really felt like I was home. It was a bit of a surreal feeling at first, but then, I just felt comfortable and good about being in France. I have a feeling that I'm not going to want to leave next week.

Veronique is already spoiling me silly. I missed her food! I haven't eaten this well in a long time! I also spent yesterday afternoon explaining some of the food products other Americans have sent to her that she doesn't understand. It's been great! Chamallou (the cat) is happy that I'm back... apparently, he kept looking for me after I left and hated the other students. Now, he's constantly with me. And Saturday, Vero and her friend Nicole are taking me out dancing. Shall be fun if not interesting.

Yesterday, I met up with two other assistants who were passing through Aix. One is in Lyon and the other Grenoble and they're both from Canada. They were nice and it was cool to hang out with other assistants. Today, I met Jenna who is an assistant who lives here in Aix and also is a former student of Dr. Sahely (my BW French professor).

Okay, going to go back and hang out with Vivienne and Jenna. I don't know if I'll be back online at all, because the CEA office is closed for the end of the week. So for now, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment