Looking at the weather on Yahoo!, it is currently 28 degrees... feels like 20. Nice. I love walking home in below freezing temperatures.
The weekend was kind of uneventful. Friday night, we all had dinner... lovely fried food goodness. Viany is an awesome cook, but for someone who rarely eats fried food, I've been eating too much here. Colombian cooking calls for a lot of fried things. Viany and I headed out to Cuban Cafe while the rest of the group headed for Amiens. Like I said in my last post, I was not up for a full night out. But Viany and I had a pretty decent time. We didn't stay as long as we usually do, but we stayed long enough to chat with my student who works there and watch S. (the surveillant) play pool against my 16 year old student.
Saturday was a lazy day. And a very cold day. Katie and Guy had their Christmas choir concert, so we went to that. It was nice. I recognized a lot of the Christmas carols, they were just in French... though there were a few songs in English and Spanish and some other languages as well.
Today, an even more lazy day. It's horrible not to have plans on the weekends here, because then all you want to do is sleep and be lazy. Viany knows some Peruvian woman, and her husband took us out this evening to look at Christmas lights. We really didn't see all that much, but it was nice anyway. Plus, we got to see more of the small towns in the area. He then invited us over for a drink, and the family also has a dog! So I got to play with a dog this evening! That always makes my day.
This is the last week before the vacation. Big plans for this week. Tuesday is Hart's birthday, so Viany is planning a dinner then we're going to go out to the Cuban place. We're inviting everyone we know. Okay, so that's not that many people. I think I'm going to mention something to some of the BTS students who we have seen out. Pourquoi pas? The more the merrier, right? Friday, those of us who will still be here also have plans to go out for one last big hurrah before the vacation. We need to be sure the Chaunois will remember us.
No comments:
Post a Comment