Today, I only had one class, and it was with some of the BTSers... one of which who was at the bar the other night (not the one who works there though). And yes, he brought it up. The teacher came in at the end of the conversation though and was like "You like Cuban coffee?". No idea where that came from! Anyway, I only took two of the students, including the one who was at the bar, but they were both really talkative. I was surprised at how well it went. Maybe it was because they saw me out in town and that makes them more comfortable with me, because they realize I'm not like a "real" teacher. I don't know. I've come to the conclusion that I love my classes with the BTS (and the secondes, of course). Now that I know that to get them to talk, I need to give them an image, it's so much better. Anything other than an image freaks them out and is too difficult to understand. But give them a cartoon/image, and they're in their comfort zone and willing to talk. They'll even create stories for the image or expand on the topic (which is what they need to do for the BTS exam), so it's not like they're just describing something. Maybe we'll branch off more later in the year, but for now, images it is!
The biggest news of the day is that I have Christmas plans. Like, actual real bought the tickets and everything plans. Michaela and I will be going to Prague December 22-26. Then, we're flying to Barcelona from Prague and are there December 26-29. That flight was a bit expensive, because we're doing multi-destinations, and we need paper tickets or something, so they have to be internationally mailed to us. Bites. But it'll be worth it. After returning to France, I'm spending a day in Chauny... I'm going to need clean clothes and such anyway.
Then, I'm off to Lyon for New Year's Eve! I'm there from December 31 until January 3, and then I'm headed to Dijon until the 5th. I'm meeting up with Rose, a fellow assistant from the center of France, for the Lyon and Dijon portion. I was unsure about Dijon until I saw pictures and knew that I had to go there! Pretty! I want to see a lot of Europe, but there's also so much of France I haven't seen and want to see. Plus, you know, Lyon was where I wanted to be.
If anyone has suggestions of must-sees or dos in any of my destination cities, please let me know! I'm all ears!
This weekend, I think we're heading to Bruges, Belgium. We're still hammering out all the details, but I'm 99% sure that it'll be happening. I hope...
No comments:
Post a Comment