I forgot this one thing in my last post.
Carrying on the spirit of torturing me, I was given this to say in the BTS class today:
"Les chaussettes de l'Archiduchesse sont-elles sèches, archisèches?"
Impossible! I could not get it out. Especially not with a bunch of French guys staring at me as I tried. I also kept laughing which didn't help. I expect all of you French speakers (non native, bien sur) to try to say it and let me know if you can say it correctly the first few tries. And you have to read it at a normal speed! Not trop lent!
However, Claude had a payback for his students. I didn't copy down the sentence, but it was something like "Around the rough and rugged rock the ragged rascal randomly ran." They couldn't say it, but the real kicker was that I even had trouble getting it correct. I have trouble with the English "r". They could actually get out the French sentence.
No comments:
Post a Comment