I ended up having no class today. Yeah, thanks for the heads up on that one. I could have gone to Paris to see if Anna and Wilfried if I knew that one. Well, Claude didn't even seem to know either. Oh well. Free day. They were apparently "en entreprise" at least that's what Claude told me.
I also had my first experience with the text messages of a French person my age. I'm used to texting in French to Vero, Nicole, Viany, proofing other messages, but I wasn't prepared for that. They abbreviate everything. Luckily, I was able to understand it all. How? I may never know. Though I must say that I prefer texting to talking on the phone with a French speaker. That was hard, and I did it several times as we settled the dinner arrangements.
N. made us dinner tonight. It was delicious. We didn't start until late, because he was "en stage" as he said it. We asked him to explain, because Claude didn't really get a chance to (there was a fire drill). He's basically working in a factory for the next four weeks. Four weeks! I won't have class with my favorite BTS class for four weeks! That also means that I will have Mondays free it appears... hmm... But so very sad.
Anyway, back to the dinner. He made us salmon with a lemon sauce and pasta. So good! He also brought us good quality wine! Our budget usually requires us to stay under the 2 euro per bottle limit, so you can imagine that quality... He also made us a salad with my favorite kind of lettuce, mache. So good! Vero used to serve me it almost every night. N. then showed us some French videos on youtube (Chauny has a rap group?! What what?!), and we all talked a lot. He also taught us some "au courant" French phrases... no idea if I'll remember them or not. When N. drove Katie and I home he asked what we're doing tomorrow night... we're not quite sure but we'll probably end up at Cuba. I think he wants to join us. Will have to send him a text tomorrow...
Oh! And for those of you who are wondering, the bise situation with N. is good. I think we're all on the same page. A bise for the greeting and goodbye. No worries in that department.
So that was my night. Tomorrow, I have three classes (instead of four, because of the one BTS class being gone).
And I haven't forgotten about my vacation pictures. They're on my computer and Facebook, but I have yet to put them on Photobucket. Must do that soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment