Thursday, January 24, 2008

when does vacation start?

The biggest thing to report is that I have February vacation all booked! Well, mostly anyway. And I am so excited! Seriously, I am nearly jumping out of my skin!

Michaela (my Prague and Barcelona travel buddy) and I just booked flights for Krakow, Poland! I've been itching to see more of Eastern Europe since Prague, so this will be awesome! Plus, Poland is wicked cheap. We will be there from February 11th until the morning of the 15th. Just have to find and book a hostel now.

And then... *drumroll* TUNISIA!!!!! Katie, Hart, and I booked our trip yesterday!! We leave the 17th and come back the 24th. This is going to be amazing!!! We're doing this circuit in a 4x4! Obviously, that site won't be too much help if you can't read French, but you can see the map of where we're going and some pictures. Basically, we'll be arriving on a small island of the city Djerba (yay beach!) and then traveling around southern Tunisia including the dessert!! We're beyond excited! It was a little expensive, but everything (except one meal) is included: flights, guides, hotel, entrance fees, meals, transportation, airport pickup, etc.

We spent the day in Paris yesterday getting this trip booked, and then, I also got to see Anna! That totally made my day. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time together, but we had enough time to have dinner and chat. It was so nice hanging out with her again. I will definitely be going back soon to spend a day with her.

We just had to get back to Chauny, because we were invited for aperos chez our nouveaux amis... the gendarmes! They're really nice guys and even Viany approves of them, and that's tough! They were telling us about the work they do and the places they go to for work (like Australia, Corsica, and the Cote d'Ivoire!), but they work crazy hours... like they can go 3 months with no day off! Insane!

Let's see... what else? Oh, the other day, we met up for coffee with Katie's gym friend. She was really nice and speaks three languages fluently! I'm impressed!

Despite people having stumbled upon my blog, I'm going to keep writing. At first I was just going to write about the assistantship side and lock everything else, but the other girls told me to just keep writing here and that they don't mind, so I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment