Let's see... what did I last update on? Oh yeah, when N. made us dinner. So Tuesday, Hart, Katie, and I decided to go to Cuba. We met up with N. and a bunch of his friends. It was a good time. I think everyone was fully entertained by us. That must be why they keep us around... entertainment. No, I'm just kidding.
Wednesday, I pull myself out of bed to go to class only to find that there is no class. Now, I know I counted weeks right. Every Wednesday, I have one of the two BTS classes. They alternate every week. Last week, I had N.'s group, so this week, I should have had the other class who is not "en stage". Haha. Yeah, right. Instead, I ended up with a free day, which I won't argue with, but it would have been nice to sleep in. I didn't really do much until we went to get hot chocolate at a cafe, where we ran into S. (we've been running into him a lot lately). That evening, we had dinner with the surveillants, and I think we shocked them with one of our vocab questions. I won't say the word, but I think it was about the last thing they expected to hear after Katie said "On a une question pour vous." (We have a question for you.) N. invited us out again that night, but the others were tired, and I think we just needed a break.
Yesterday, I only had my morning classes! Sweet! The dreaded DP6 had a test, and the last class didn't show comme d'habitude. Hart, Katie, and I went to a travel agency in an attempt to start planning our February vacation. I think this is going to cost us. We'll see. We're going to try to see if we can find any other better deals.
Then, I went to a little "fête" at the school that one of the teachers had invited me to. They were having the galette des rois (kings' cake), which is a cake that the French eat to celebrate the Epiphany. It was in the atelier (workshop) building, which you're not supposed to enter unless you have a reason to, so this was my first time there. As I walked past the different rooms, I kept glancing in, and there were all sorts of machinery. Kind of cool to see. The celebration was in the plasturgie room (because it was those teachers who decided to put on the celebration), so I go to see that one up close. Plasturgie is basically learning to make things out of plastic (really descriptive, I know... that's just pretty much all N. has told us about it). I don't know... I think it's kind of cool. Interesting, to say the least.
At dinner with the surveillants G. and S., Katie and I learned that someone from my school got in a fight with someone from the other school and is now in the hospital, and he lost his memory of a few days. Scary! They were fighting over a girl. We tried asking N. and his friends if they knew anything about it, but they didn't, but someone who was walking by said something about it being a skinhead... okay, interesting. Anyway, yes, we went out to Cuba and hung out there again. I think (maybe) we're starting to make friends with the entire group now... we'll just ignore the peanut war we had. And in any case, we've gotten "mean" guy to start calling us "les jolies filles" (the pretty girls), and we're on a first name basis with most of the people who work there. Okay, that makes us sound like we're continually at the bar. That's not right. It's just that N. and most of his friends work there, so they introduce us to anyone we don't know. They wanted to hang out after closing, but there was like nothing at Hart's to offer them, so that idea was decided against.
So well, it seems like we have a social life in Chauny with actual Chaunois. We might be going to the same place over and over again, but it seems like that's just what they do here. It's a small town, so everyone knows everyone, so you're going to just keep going to the place you like, and Cuba is pretty much the only "cool" place in town.
I have one more class left, and then, it's the weekend! Yay! Viany's making a yummy dinner, and then we're headed to Cuba. Tomorrow, we have pretty much the same plan, but we might go to St. Quentin to meet up with a few people after Cuba closes. We'll see. I'm going to try to squeeze in a trip to Paris here at some point, because I want to see Anna.
No comments:
Post a Comment