Sunday, March 1, 2009

birthday in chauny take 2

Birthday cake


That would be one of my amazing birthday cakes. Yes, one of them. This one was courtesy of one of Maria's friends. The others bought a bunch of little cakes for me, and Maria also made an apple tarte thing. So so yummy!

Friday night, we had a little pre-birthday celebration. Maria gave me a really pretty necklace and earrings. We also had a good bottle of red wine with dark chocolate and Camembert by suggestion of surveillant Sn. Such a good idea!

I had a good birthday filled with lots of birthday wishes from family and friends. You all rock! I celebrated with the other assistants and friends. It didn't surpass last year's birthday (hey, I had a drink named after me), but it was still a good time. We had delicious pizzas for dinner, had plenty of desserts, and made my favorite drink! Fun times.

I also had a very long phone conversation with my host mom. She complimented my French and how much I keep improving. Yes, I still have my lovely accent (not to mention the Picardie influence), but my grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure (and complexity of sentences) are great. She said that I say things that only native speakers would be saying, like certain idiomatic phrases and such. And she said that I wasn't making any mistakes. Nice. I really do need to find a way to get down and see her again.

Tomorrow, I am off to Venice until Thursday, so no updates until then! Have a good week! Ciao!

1 comment: