Monday, March 16, 2009

this year's chauny cinq together at last

We had a very good weekend in Chauny. Both German assistants came to town Saturday night. Maria made a delicious vegetarian meal (for Lena). I never seize to be amazed at how some people have such a talent to throw random things together and make something so yummy out of it. I wish I could do that.

Steffi wanted to go back home to Tergnier, but we convinced Lena to stay and go out with us. For the first time ever this year, all of us Chauny assistants went out together. After the good time that we had, I'm so sad that it took so long. Lena is so much fun. Cuba was packed, so she had a nice first experience there. The group we've been hanging out with lately was there (well, that wasn't actually a surprise), so we chatted with them a bunch and also a friend of M.'s. All of us except Natasha decided to go with them in Laon. I've never hung out before with this friend of M.'s, but he seemed nice and he got us safely to and from Laon, so that's always a plus on his side.

This time at the boite in Laon was probably the best time yet. We spent the entire night with that group of people I just mentioned. The music was good and so was the company, so all in all, it was a great night. We were so exhausted by the time we left. Apart from our time in the car, we hadn't sat down since leaving the apartment. I'm surprised my feet were surviving my boots!

Lena is leaving for Germany in less than two weeks! Boo! Her semester at school is about to be starting up. It's such a shame we weren't able to spend more time together.

In other news, the weather in Chauny has been gorgeous these past few days. Right now, I'm sitting in my room in a t-shirt with the window open! Crazy, huh? I'll probably go for a walk this afternoon. My first class for the day isn't until after 4, because the TS students have the Bac blanc this week. So I will have even more free time on my hands this week.

And tonight, I have calls from both Jessica and Anna to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment