...a cute little blond haired admirer. More about that in a second.
Kylie has us over for brunch today. It was delicious. We had pancakes (with maple syrup!), waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, baked tomatoes and mushrooms, fruit salad, porridge (oatmeal), and mimosas! Yummy! The two French women with us were pretty much trying to hide their disgust at the amount of food. Hey, it was a brunch so there was supposed to be a lot of food. Natasha and I hung out chatting with Kylie long after the other women (and their children) left. Good times. I'm sure going to miss her. And her son Will just adores us. Guess, I'll have to make a trip to Philadelphia some time to see them.
Later, Natasha and I were in a shop in town when I looked out and saw Kylie and Will. I went out to say "hi", and Will had to climb out of her arms and come give me a big hug. He talked to me some before I went to rejoin Natasha. He wanted to know where I was going, and he almost cried over the fact that I was leaving. I promised him I would see him next week (right before they leave for the States). But he was still very distraught. I kept hearing him calling my name. I met back up with Natasha, but we could both hear him crying "Shannon! Shannon!" from down the street, so Kylie had to wait for us to catch up. Aww! He's so cute. So yes, I have a little two-year-old admirer.
Natasha and I met Paul for coffee, and while there, the German assistant Lena came in. I've only met her briefly once before, because she lives in Tergnier. It was so nice to finally chat with her. She's so friendly, and we got along very well. Unfortunately, she leaves for home in three weeks, because her semester will be starting at university then. We hope to get together before then. That made me think about how this year could have been so different if Lena had lived in Chauny this year. The school wouldn't let her live in the nice available room (Hart's old room). Instead, they forced her to live in small depressing Tergnier in an HLM (basically the French equivalent of low income housing) and commute to Chauny each day. Yes, she lives with another German assistant there, but still. It's quite unfair.
No comments:
Post a Comment