Friday, we were lucky enough to run into Lena at the cafe. It was nice to see her one last time before she left for Germany. At one point she started motioning madly at someone, and I asked without thinking in English "What are you doing?". She thought for a moment before replying "Raping my arm." We all about died laughing and had to regain some control in order to explain to her what she actually said and then tell her that the word she wanted was "waving." LOL. Love language blunders like these.
Yesterday, Natasha, Paul, and I went to Paris for the day. Emily from Beauvais met up with us, and the four of us did some shopping around Montparnasse. I was sick of always going to Rue de Rivoli, so I was happy that the others agreed to go someplace else with me. I bought a cute dress and purse on sale at Etam and found a cheap t-shirt dress at H&M. Hopefully, I'll be able to wear these things soon with the nice weather that is predicted for us this week and next.
After shopping, we headed to Montmartre to wander around since Natasha had never been. We saw Sacre Coeur which was crawling with tourists and then decided to show Natasha Moulin Rouge as well. Of course, this meant walking through Pigalle. For anyone who doesn't know Paris, Pigalle is an area filled with sex shops and other *ahem* sex type places. I think that resulted in bringing out our most mature sides which meant that we were cracking up over their names and signage and the random Monoprix amongst them all. There was even a sex supermarket... I don't want to know.
After a ridiculously high-priced drink near the Moulin Rouge, we went to Breakfast in America for a yummy breakfast for dinner. Since it was a beautiful night (aka it finally stopped raining), we walked along the Seine and past Hotel de Ville and then Les Halles. We weren't really paying attention when we noticed that we were passing loads of sex shops. Yep, you guessed it. The road we had randomly chosen was Rue St. Denis (another one of Paris' more umm... "interesting" roads). Oh! And another random Monoprix was amongst the more scandalous shops. What a day!
Maria just came back from Spain tonight. It's really nice to have her back!
No comments:
Post a Comment