Tomorrow, Emily and I are off to Niort to visit Jessica. My first overnight trip (or more like a week away actually) since Berlin at Christmas. It is long overdue! Thanks to the lovely train strike, our TGV is canceled. However, you can pretty much just hope on any train during a strike, so we'll still get there. It'll just be a bit of a pain and potentially less comfortable.
The first few days of vacation were calm and relaxing. Lunches and drinks at La Rotonde, lounging about, etc. We also saw the film L'Arnacoeur the other night which we enjoyed immensely. It was funny and light. The perfect weekend movie. Plus, I adore Romain Duris and seeing him singing (badly) along to Wham! and dancing the dance to Dirty Dancing were added bonuses.
Yesterday, we ran into C. at the supermarket. It was quite the surprise as he doesn't live here. He joined us immediately in line (forgetting about actually doing his shopping) explaining that he had a dentist appointment (long story) in town. He wanted to know what I was still doing in town. I told him I was leaving Thursday and also reiterated the fact that I was going to La Rochelle at some point. He's headed down there as well, he's just not sure when yet. I turned to search for money to pay. I look back up, and it appears that C. is doing some weird dance. I'm just like "What the hell are you doing?" And in true C. fashion (and not missing an opportunity to tease me), he exclaims, "Mais Shannon! On s'appele! My god!" (But Shannon! We'll call each other!...). Yes, I was supposed to know his weird dance was him imitating a phone call. LOL. Cracks me up.
We caught up a bit more (teased each other a bit more) on the street before parting ways. Hopefully, he will be down in La Rochelle when we go (probably Saturday), but with the train strike, who knows? I'm debating whether or not to take his birthday gift with me. His birthday is tomorrow, and I didn't have a chance to give it to him before break. Don't want to do it in front of A. since we didn't do anything special for his birthday. I would have! But as it was near Christmas, we weren't yet really friends with him.
I guess that's about all I have to say for now! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment