Saturday, April 3, 2010

spring holiday time!

I am officially on vacation for the next two weeks. While I had been dreading the February holidays, I am very excited for this one! Thursday, I am leaving with Emily for about a week to go down to Niort to visit our friend Jessica. We plan on visiting the region a bit, so I am looking forward to it. Then, the last weekend of break, we will all be in Paris for the K&K 333 festivities. Cannot wait!

The end of the week went well. My classes were pretty uneventful, but they passed quickly. I even convinced Claude to sit down and map out an itinerary for the London trip. I still have to do some research on restaurants and such, because I am insistent on making reservations. I also need to get him the information on the boat tour I found. As it's the holidays, and he won't be doing anything without some persistence on my part, I still have some time.

We gave the guys Cadbury Eggs at dinner the other night. Never would have thought that would be as entertaining as it was. After a little scuffle on who would get the caramel one and who would get the creme one, C. was the first to bite into his caramel egg. He ended up with caramel all over his face saying "Mais c'est du vrai caramel!" (it's real caramel!). For some reason, that never occurred to him. A. was more cautious with his egg. They both enjoyed them though, and the boys were all jealous.

Yesterday, we ate lunch with A., and he decided that we need to have some kind of party before Roxy and I leave (she leaves in less than a month). Hopefully, we'll be able to find a time that works for all of us. It was definitely a nice change to have lunch with him. I definitely enjoy his presence. Later on, I ran into him in the school and was able to pawn off a bunch of my chocolate covered pretzels on him. I certainly don't need to be eating them all!

I also had success at the cafe in getting the one server to try the pretzels. He said he really liked it. The other evening, I also managed to talk briefly to my BTS student D. at the cafe. Since he no longer stays down the hall one weekend a month, I don't get a chance to talk to him. He may basically be the most irresponsible person ever, but I realized that I do in fact miss him. Next time he's here, I might have to make it a point to try to hang out with him.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon...

    Have a great vacation!! I guess I'll see you at Episode 333 then.. since I'm going!
    I'm going to London during my vacation at the end of April so if you do anything ULTRA exciting, let me know.... I already got my tix for Phantom and Love Never Dies so I'm super excited about that!
    Take care,
    Leese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leese! Thanks! I cannot wait to see you and everyone else at 333. It's going to be so much fun! I'm not going to London until mid-May, and the trip is going to be the pretty standard fieldtrip type thing for the students. Nothing too exciting. Except for the boat tour. I've never done one in London, so I can't wait for that.

    ReplyDelete