Time is really winding down. Wasn't it just September? Technically, after the holidays, there are only two weeks left of my contract. However, I am in Chauny the entire month of May, so out of boredom, I will probably still be going to most of my classes.
It's really been dawning on Claude recently that I will be leaving soon. After 3 years together, we've gotten really used to each other, and I make him much more efficient and organized (not to mention arguing with him over ways to say things). I just know how to deal with him. He's been saying lately to everyone (teachers and students) how I am very irreplaceable. It's so sweet! I joked around that I could leave instructions for the next assistant, and he actually was beyond thrilled with that idea.
Friday, C. came into my class to collect the absentee thing, and Claude made a big production on the piece of paper about how absences were at 50% (the class only has 2 students - they're LV-2). C. showed me that there's a way on the paper to do that without scribbling all over it. He then went on to say that one time Claude filled one out with the wrong hour, wrong class, and wrong date. I jokingly said that it was because I wasn't there. C. laughed, but then Claude readily agreed. He was all like "C., I don't know what I'm going to do when she's gone." C. was confused over why there wouldn't be another assistant, so Claude went on to say, "Yeah, but this is Shannon. We can't replace her. Seriously, C., she knows what's going on all the time. She tells me where something is when I can't find it. She makes sure I collect grades. She keeps track of everything! If she doesn't leave instructions for the next assistant, I'm screwed!" C. put his arm around me and agreed that I can't be replaced.
Aww! I'm really going to miss this place!
No comments:
Post a Comment