Thursday, April 22, 2010

k&k 333 shenaniganza

Well, I officially do not have internet at home (except for on my phone), so you may be hearing a bit less from me.

This past weekend was spent in Paris for the big K&K 333 Shenaniganza! For those of you who don't know, K&K is a podcast done by two Anglophones in the Paris area. I've been to other events they've hosted, so I was really looking forward to this weekend. It did not disappoint! Unfortunately, some people couldn't make it because of that darn volcano no one can pronounce (let alone spell), but those who did make it were incredibly nice. It was great putting some faces to some of the people I've chatted with during the live episodes online. The best meetup of the weekend? Paul came!! It was so great to see him again. Chauny reunion!

That Friday, a bunch of us met up for Rhum-rhums (a K&K drink of choice). I think the group of us were louder than everyone else in the tiny bar. LOL. But it was fun times! We then headed out for some yummy falafel and ate it in front of Notre Dame before heading to the Long Hop for Friday Night Drinks. There, we met up with Katia and Kyliemac (the podcast girls) and a bunch of other people. It was such a lovely evening. We ate (and were grossed out by) Peeps, took too many photos, and had a great time.

Saturday, we pulled ourselves out of bed to meet Jessica, Greg, Sam, and Leah at Breakfast in America. I definitely took advantage of the bottomless coffee there! And breakfast foods, how I missed you! For the afternoon, there was an outing planned for the Bateaux Mouches (a boat tour of the Seine). It was a perfect afternoon of sunshine and warmth for that.

With the volcano and its flight cancelations and some free time after the tour, I was able to meet up with Anna and her father for a few hours for a coffee and a stroll in the Tuileries.

Saturday night was episode 333 of the podcast. They had the dungeon-like basement of The Highlander Pub for the event. It was so much fun! We were all in fits of laughter most of the night. It was one of the best nights I have spent in Paris thus far.

I met so many awesome people this weekend! The podcast has definitely brought together a lot of people. Thanks, girls!

Now, I'm back to work. Fun fun.

I spent yesterday in St. Quentin with an assistant friend. It was a beautiful day for coffee in the square and a walk through the park. I met up with C. at the station on my way back. In between listening to his music and trying not to laugh at what I have deemed his "super gay" shirt, I finally gave him his birthday gift. Thanks to those of you who sent me keychains! He was beyond thrilled! He did the bise with me three times just for that. The students we had also ran into must have thought we were crazy. At dinner, I don't know what was funnier. C.'s "Happy Thank You" dance or A. and Francois trying to set him up and C. having none of it. It's sweet that the guys are trying to show how okay they are with everything (since many people in this area are not), but I think C. is a bit annoyed with it all since he let the cat out of the bag - so to speak - to the other surveillants.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what are the bateaux mouches like? I've always sort of thought I should go one time as one of those typical Paris tourist things, but in my experience, tourist boat trips tend to be a snooze-fest (looking at you Prague!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my second time on the boats. My first time was two years ago with my students, and it was cold and rainy, and I was trying to keep my boys out of trouble, so I was occupied with that. This time, I was in great company so I didn't pay attention to what was being said but rather was chatting with everyone around me. To be honest, the tour isn't that informative. However, it's a great way to see a lot of beautiful buildings and bridges. At 10€ it's not that expensive of a way to spend an hour an some odd minutes in Paris.

    ReplyDelete