Thursday, April 29, 2010

highlights of the week

Wow, so it's been awhile. Lack of internet will do that. I don't even know what to really post about since it's been so long. Classes have been going well. This week is technically my last week, but I'm still going to go to classes in May. Let's see what are the highlights of this past week?

- A fight almost broke out in my FEE BTS class between D. and another student. Luckily, D. controlled himself (though he said if it hadn't been in this class, he would have beat the other student).
- I received a text from a student. After the "How the hell?" moment, I remembered my number is on my Facebook page and we're friends. Oops.
- Erika (another assistant) came to Chauny and we all had yummy dessert crepes together! Mine had caramel ice cream and chocolate. Delicious!
- I met up with Anne in Laon and we spent the night there.
- C. came to my class (in his super gay lilac shirt) and attempted to speak English. This was after he bounced up to me (literally) to say "hi". He cracks me up.
- Claude completely changed what we planned for the London trip. I'm thinking his wife and the other teacher were the ones who did it.
- Tried to get my older BTSers to present themselves to me in English. Haha. That was a failed attempt. And the one who has no problem saying "Hello, baby, I love you!" turned all red when having to speak.
- We were fed leftovers from a lunch with important people from the region in the cantine, and it was delicious! We had multiple kinds of cheese, an amazing dessert, and special cocktails! I was so stuffed. We were right next to the students for that. One of them, told a highly inappropriate joke (in English and French), and C. had to whisper in my ear to see if he understood it or not. Of course, said student watched this like a hawk. He's convinced we're dating.

And the highlight of my week...
Fave people in Picardie

Roxy and I had afternoon drinks with C. and A. yesterday! It was so much fun sitting with them out in the sun for drinks and good conversation. Out of all the people in Chauny, I will miss them the most! Love these guys! Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment