Monday, May 3, 2010

goodbye, my friend

The rest of my week went well. Emily made some delicious apple crumble, and we enjoyed that with the bottle of champagne Claude had given me for my birthday.

I spent a lot of time talking with C. between and during my classes. We had to practice what he was going to say to Roxy's mom in English. I'm proud to say that it got better than his initial "Hello, mother Roxy... Non, c'est pas ca? Roxy mother!"

I could write about all the adventures of this weekend, because I had a friend visiting and we made some new friends, but that's not at all important at the moment. The biggest thing is that Roxy is now back at home. That's right, she's left Chauny for good.

I know I've complained a bit this year about being bored at the weekends and not liking the fact that we never go out, but this year has truthfully been the best one in Chauny and that's because of Roxy. I was so sad to put her on the train yesterday. I left the station in tears. We have had a lot of good times, spent many an hour laughing over the most ridiculous things, been entertained by our dear friends A. and C., etc. I'm going to miss her! But this isn't an "adieu" just a goodbye. We'll see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment