Tuesday, May 11, 2010

compiegne!

Yesterday, a fellow assistant and I decided to spend the afternoon in Compiegne. Compiegne is a town that's not too far from Chauny, but for some reason or another, I never actually made it there. It's a bit further (and smaller) than St Quentin, so I always ended up going to St Quentin instead. Thus, in three years, I never actually saw more than the train station there so when Erika mentioned going there, I jumped at the chance.

Despite predictions of rain, it ended up being a lovely day. Perfect for wandering the tiny streets and the gardens of the chateau. We ate our weight in macarons - a French culinary delight - talked endlessly, and spent a few hours enjoying each other's company. Certainly a good day.

Erika and I with our giant macarons
Macarons!

Thursday, long before the crack of dawn, I will be leaving for London with the school. We're spending three days there, and I'm sure I'll have some amusing stories to share once I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment