Friday, May 7, 2010

it's not the end of the world

Contrary to what everyone here seems to think, I am not dying from loneliness without Roxy. Yes, it is different, because I don't automatically have someone to do things with, but I'm not sitting alone crying in my room either. Plus, Emily is still here, so I'm not even the only assistant left! She made pancakes last night and invited me over which was excellent!

I've had a good week. I'm still going to classes, and my dear students keep me entertained. I'm going to cry so much when I leave them in less than a month. My adults, while they're not studying how French my outfits are (oddly, they're all guys), are becoming more and more charming. One, clearly worked so hard on what he was going to say to greet me in English, but then realized he didn't know how to say "How are you?" nor how to answer it. It was kind of adorable.

A lot of people have been very talkative with me this week. Even Sn. who has been much more reserved this year started talking my ear off this week. Where has this side of him been all year? Then, there's A. and C. who kept me entertained while they immaturely fought over who was going to the cinema at what time with the students (for the record, C. ended up being right). Francois and I kept rolling our eyes and trying to change the subject, but it wasn't working.

C., in his fashion, has been making me turn ten shades of red, but I love him. Today, we had a very leisurely lunch (so leisurely and talkative that I lost track of time!). We had some "girltalk" time before we were joined by some teachers. I think I'll have to do this these last few Fridays in Chauny. Even with the teachers, we were all laughing and joking. I also have somehow promised to make just about every dessert I have made while in Chauny for everyone. This will be interesting...

I have no real plans for the weekend. Tomorrow is the second is four public holidays this month, so I'm guessing most things will be closed. There are no signs here at the cafe, so I'm guessing even they might be closed this time. Sad. Next Thursday (also a holiday), I leave to go to London for three days with the school. Looking forward to that. I need to remember to buy C. a keychain there. It's sad that I won't be seeing him for basically two weeks because of the holiday. My time will be almost over then!

No comments:

Post a Comment