Thursday, May 27, 2010

time in chauny is winding down :-(

I'm currently in the midst of my very last week in Chauny. Talk about depressing times! I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with my friends and co-workers here, taking advantage of dinners, lunches, and being out and about town. After 3 years here, this place really is like home.

I gave C. and A. their gifts from London, and they were both thrilled. They were also following me around like no other for the Rice Krispies Treats. A. kept running up to me like a little puppy with a goofy grin on his face. So cute! Last Friday, their entire office was searching me out for them. LOL. The proviseur (principal) and the chefs also liked them. I made them for the teachers this week, and they were once again a hit. I got a lot of recipe requests (including from the chefs!).

Friday, I led both the TGM and 1GE classes with Claire there just as backup. Who would have thought it, but the TGM are capable of behaving! They just want me there and in charge. I love those boys. Today, when I was walking into town, I heard my name being called, I turned, and a car full of those students was driving by.

This past weekend, the weather was gorgeous. I definitely took advantage of it. I met Claire for a drink outside which was a good time. Emily and I spent a lot of time in the park, laying in the sun, and then eating nice summery food while drinking rose. I think I got a little bit of sun even. Of course, now the weather is cooler with some rain, the perfect Picardie goodbye! Not.

I'll have to say goodbye to the guys soon and that breaks my heart. I said goodbye to Francois last night. We did the bise and he was like "bisous et bisous a tous les americains" at which point my charming BTSers interfered and said that he should just ask for my number already. Leave it to them to interrupt our nice little goodbye. I'll have to say goodbye to C. tomorrow and the thought just makes me want to cry. How do you say goodbye to your best friend? At least I'll see A. and a few of the others next week.

I already said goodbye to my friend M. yesterday. He left today to spend three months in the US. I'm the only one of his friends that he told. We had to step aside from his group of friends yesterday and he acted like he was saying goodbye to me and not the other way around (though I guess it was a little of both).

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're really leaving Chauny! I know how hard it is to go, but I'm sure you'll be back to visit!

    ReplyDelete