Saturday night was the best night so far this year in Chauny. It was just me, Paul, and Natasha, but we were very amused with ourselves. We spent half the night in laughter for various reasons (there are some photos on Facebook), and I now have a lot of fond memories of my new friends. It kind of reminded me of old times.
The internet situation still isn't figured out. We went to St. Quentin to go to France Telecom, and the basic gist of the situation is that we must wait for a second text from Orange, and after that, if the internet isn't working, we have to call the customer service line (which isn't free!). Gotta love the customer service here. Ha. But on the upside, we did get to walk around the cool fair they were having in the town. The French version of carnival food is lots of crepes, kebabs, doughnuts, chichis, and churros. It too a lot of will power not to buy something.
I do have some awesome news. We made plans for the winter vacation in February/March! Easyjet was having an awesome sale, so I got two roundtrip tickets for around 100 euros together! Natasha and I will be going to Madrid during the first week where we will be celebrating Carnival! We'll be there for Mardi Gras, and apparently, there are lots of fun things going on in the streets. And then, during the second week, Paul, Natasha, and I will be going to Venice! We are beyond ecstatic! Cannot wait! We really wanted to go to the "sinking city", and now, we actually are!
Of course, I have February all planned out, but nothing for Christmas. Haha. I'm so on top of things. Well, okay, not nothing. I will be visiting Natasha during the second week, I bought the same return ticket as her (yay for the sale!), but I have nothing planned out before then. I'm thinking maybe London for a few days or something and then taking the train to Natasha's town?? I don't know. We'll see.
Dinner was really nice tonight. Well, not the dinner itself per se, but the company was great. The new surveillant is excellent to talk to. He cracks me up.
Well, I guess that's all I have to say for now. I really don't have much to report so far this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment