I know, it's been awhile since I've updated. I just feel like you're all going to be so bored with me saying the same things over and over again like "Today I went to the cafe" or "I got made fun of in class". So yeah. Anyway, I'll just give you an update on the major happenings of this past week.
We got the internet!!! And then... it stopped working. We've tried restarting it, reinstalling it, you name it, we tried it. We're going to wait and see if it starts working again, if not, we're going to St. Quentin on Saturday to go to France Telecom. It would be so much easier if there was still a store in Chauny. Has anyone else in France had a problem like this? We were told that the internet would start working in 10-12 days, but it started in 7, but we're still under that 12 day period. Is it normal for it to start than stop working? We didn't have this problem last year.
One of my favorite students asked Claude if it would disturb me if he did the "bise" with me. Uhh... what? Claude said "no", but what if he had said "yes"? That could have been majorly weird.
Classes are going well. I've started taking a lot of notes on French phrases that Claude uses in class or has the students translate. It's really helpful for me. And Claude and I also have a constant battle between British and American English. It's actually really funny. Some of the students have started using the American words just to annoy him and to make me laugh! Haha! I win!
Cuba really kind of sucks this year. They had good music on Friday, but that was about all it had going for it. And on Saturday, poor Paul got harassed by a special "guest" they had there. Won't embarrass him more by going into details. But I did get to see a bunch of my friends which was nice including one that I hadn't seen yet. He was so surprised to see me! I swear, French people don't talk amongst themselves. He's friends with S. and T. who are both well aware that I'm back. But it was great to catch up with him! I had just been thinking about the time we went to Le Smart and we sat in the back of S.'s car singing Kayne West's Stronger over and over again. Good times!
I've started giving private English lessons. I'm working with two people. One is a seconde from the other lycee, and the other is in her early 30s and wants to better her English so she can work in the airport. I've only had one lesson with each so far, but they both went well. And extra money is extra money.
We've become permanent staples in one of the cafes in town. The one guy knows my drink and everything! Love it! Makes me feel like I really do live here.
I guess that's all I had to say for now. Hopefully, I will have the internet working again soon, and I will actually update this again more regularly. Ciao for now!
Hey there!! Glad things are going well for you... I know what you mean about the "feeling like a local" in the cafe' ... Yay.. It's a homey kinda feeling...
ReplyDeleteOkay... So.. I'm not following the Cuba thing. What's that about? Did I miss something....
Take good care and I'm sending you an email after this... Bizzz, Leesa
Leesa, Cuba is the one local bar in town that is worth going to... well, at least it used to be. Now, it's really lame, and they've closed their lower lever which used to be more like a nightclub. And the class of people there has changed quite a bit as well.
ReplyDelete