I got my absentee ballot yesterday! Sweet! My students (okay, mainly Claude) were fascinated by the ballot. Will be filling it out and mailing it this week.
Yesterday, we went to the cafe which has pretty much become our daily habit. I'm sitting there talking to Paul and Natasha when I look over. I see this guy walking in, and he looks really familiar. It was one of those moments where you're like "Is that who I think it is?" It was M.! Quelle surprise! I was not expecting to see him. He has a beard now! That's why I had a hard time recognizing him. That combined with a ski hat that I've never seen him wearing. It was so great to see him! We chatted for a long while, but it was kind of hard for me to keep up because I kept hearing all the English beside me. We caught up on our summer happenings, our jobs, the elections, etc. So nice! I really missed him. Then, one of his friends came who I also know, so I was able to talk to him as well. It was such a nice afternoon. I was sad that I had to leave to go to dinner, because I wanted to stay and talk.
But on the other hand, dinner was great as well. Since Sn. and M.'s families go way back, it gave me conversation for dinner. I was able to tell Sn. that M. said "Hi" and all that jazz.
We also headed out to the bar where I talked to R. and his brother a bit before passing a lovely evening with Natasha and Paul. It was very calm but nice.
Natasha and I also saw a hedgie when we walked back to the lycee! It was so cute.
So yeah, such a great day!
Also at dinner last night, some of my students from last year asked why I haven't been to their class yet and told me that they've been waiting impatiently for me to come. Well, 1) because the one class is at 8am on Wed and 2) because the other was during my medical appointment. I promised them that I would come this week. Somehow, they convinced me to come to the early class this morning. Yeah, they neglected to tell me they had a quiz, so I just sat there all sleep deprived and did absolutely nothing. But oh well.
Do I know who R is? You use too many initials, too confusing!
ReplyDeleteSending you a lexicon of all my initals via Facebook.
ReplyDeleteHi there!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're having a fun time!!! And cooooool that Natasha saw a hedgie!!! Take care, Leesa