I am now in the BTS! Well, okay, I'm in the BTS class photo. They were doing class photos today, and for weeks, Claude has been saying that I will be in them. Seeing as he has said this in like every single class, and most classes were scheduled to go when I wasn't with them, I had no intention of being in any photos. Or so I thought. I was with the PL2 (the oldest BTS) when Claude asked if they wanted to go do their photo then rather than in the afternoon. They agreed, so we all went down. I just hung back at the back of the room when Claude asked the students if they wanted me in the photo. They all did, so they made me take the picture with them.
Then, Claude made me get my individual photo taken after the students did theirs, because he wanted me to be a part of it. It was such a sweet gesture, and now these students will definitely not forget me, but I was so not prepared to have my picture taken. God only knows what my hair was looking like. Also, I had to laugh at the students when they had their pictures taken. They were all dead serious. Claude kept trying to make them laugh so they were smiling. We were all laughing during the group one though.
A student from my TGM asked why I didn't come for their photo this morning. That class loves me, and he did tell me what time theirs was this morning, but like I said before, I had no plans to be in any photos. I felt bad. Oh well.
I'm thoroughly enjoying dinner with the surveillants. Last night, I finally asked the one what his name is since I totally forgot. He gave me a serious look, and goes "Francois". I just stared back. He's was like "Quoi? Tu me crois pas? J'ai pas de tete d'un Francois?" (What? You don't believe me? I don't look like a Francois?) Now, he's North African... so obviously not. Eventually he told me his real name, and it was what I thought it was. But I think for purposes of this blog, I will call him Francois since I already have an M.
Today, we went to the cafe, and Sn came! That was a pleasant surprise. He and his friend sat next to us, so I was able to talk to him a bit. Dinners with him are pretty much the best. (Except for the ones with C. which are pure entertainment.) And since I won't be seeing him for like three weeks, it was good to chat once more before vacation.
Speaking of vacation, I will be leaving for Aix on Saturday until next Friday. I cannot wait! Should be exciting! Unless I update from the C.E.A. office, there probably won't be any updates for awhile.
I leave you now with a quote from C. at dinner as he was trying to speak English. His beau-frere (either his brother-in-law or stepbrother) is staying with him and he only speaks Spanish and English. A student was being aggravating so C. said, "Hes make me big tired!". LOL! Okay, first he said, "He have me tired" until I corrected him.
No comments:
Post a Comment