This is definitely not my first post on the French "bise" (the kissing on both cheeks), and it probably won't be my last either. Okay, so on with my story...
I was in my class with the first year BTS students, so it was me, a bunch of 20 year old students (give or take a year or two), and Claude. Surveillant S. walks in, because he has to ask one of the students something. He says "Hello" in English, and you know, I say hi back. I go to turn back to my students, but before I know it, S. is right up next to me, leaning down to do the "bise". Which, of course, I reciprocate. My students in all of their glory, start going "Oh la la! S.! Il faut que tu fasse la bise avec nous maintenant." (You have to do the "bise" with all of us now.) Jeez! I'm sure I turned bright red. Of course, after a few minutes, all was forgotten on their part. And even S. himself was like "Have I already seen you today?" tonight at dinner.
I just was not expecting to get the "bise" in the middle of a class. Claude didn't even do the "bise" with me, because I walked in during the middle of class (they apparently had an hour before I came as well). But man, have to get that "bise" in before business can return to normal.
Don't you love my crazy antidotes?
And our internet is still not working. Stupid Orange.
No comments:
Post a Comment