I feel like I'm on top of things this year. Well, as much as I can be anyway. I've already had my medical appointment for my CDS (my residency card), I've already applied for my CDS, I've opened my bank account (though this year I have to wait to get the RIBs in the mail... grr!), and I have my salary form all ready to go for when I do receive my RIBs. Good good.
I've been turning heads in Chauny. I've ran into several people this weekend at the bar, at the train station, and in town that had no clue I was coming back. They were just casual acquaintances so I have no contact information for them so how were they to know that I was coming back? They were all surprised and happy to see me. I also was able to catch up with T. a bit more at the bar on Friday. It was really loud (and there were some other distractions), but we were actually able to talk some. That was nice. M. called me as well. He's been busy with work, but we're hopefully going to be doing something this week. It's kind of nice that I have such an open schedule, because then we can meet whenever he's actually free.
Other than that, my time during the week was pretty much spent living at the cafe La Rotonde (we're pretty much a staple there now) and going to some classes.
The weekend went well too. Saturday, Natasha and I went to St. Quentin to go to France Telecom since the one in Chauny is closed. We should have the internet in 10-12 days! Yay! The guy was super sweet to us as well. Oh, and we're also getting the deal where you can call the US for free! Sweet! Love it.
Sunday, Natasha, Paul, and I all headed to Paris. We met up with Leesa and went to the cutest cafe ever! We had amazing tea (that even Natasha and Paul approved of!), a very yummy lunch, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert! It was delicious! We wandered around with Leesa for a bit in the Marais and Rue de Rivoli before parting ways. The three of us then wandered from the Chatelet area all the way to the Arc de Triomphe. We had a good time, but we were exhausted by the end of it.
Let's see... what else? Oh! Vero called me the other night telling me that I must come down for the vacation. I just bought my ticket, and I'll be down there from Friday afternoon on October 24 until Friday afternoon on October 31. Can't wait! The ticket wasn't too expensive either.
As you can see, things have been going very well in Chauny. Big change from last year at this time, right? And I'm a lot more confident in my French as well. Claude has told me I've improved a lot. I'm also just not afraid. I'm usually taking the lead this year. Last year, I'd always have to talk myself up before going to talk to people I didn't know (like at the bank or applying for my CDS), but this year, I just go on in and don't even plan out what I'm going to say. I just open my mouth and start talking. It feels good.
You already had your medical appointment?? Woah. That's really fast!
ReplyDeleteYep! I had a letter waiting for me in my mailbox when I arrived in France. Color me surprised!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Glad you guys had a nice time!! It was great meeting you three.. Hope you come back again to visit!!
ReplyDelete