Well, the time has finally come. I am off to France tomorrow. Cross your fingers that my flights are on time and that may (very heavy) baggage arrives with me. Claude says he's picking me up from the airport, so hopefully that all works out.
I created a blog in French (we'll see if I actually keep up with it). My French prof came up with the idea and title. If you want to check it out: Shannon aux pays des Ch'tis. My casual (non-MSN) French seems to have gone downhill. Hopefully, this helps me improve a bit.
I talked to surveillant C. last night (that boy doesn't sleep!), and besides being his usual awesome self, he confirmed to me that all my favorite surveillants are back. Well, I've at least confirmed that Sn., S., and Francois are back. I can't wait until Thursday!
The plan when I first get back is to do some shopping for essential things (like sheets), meet up with Fabienne (the English assistant at the other lycee) who is moving in the same day, and start getting things set back up. Saturday, I'm off to Paris to meet up with some other assistants and possibly Anna, and then in the evening, Roxy, an assistant from North Ireland is arriving, and we're heading back to Chauny together. Monday, the Spanish assistant, Xisela, is arriving. There should be another American and maybe a German.
As there are a bunch of new readers, and I use more initials than any sane person, I thought I'd do a little introduction to the main players of my blog. These are people that I will definitely be mentioning (because there are some that just drift in and out, so I'll just leave them out for now). And the players are:
- Claude: English teacher I mainly work with. He's crazy, and British English is the correct English, but he's super nice. Carole, the other teacher is gone, so I'll probably just be working with Claude or also with someone new.
- Katie, Guy, Viany, and Hart: Chauny gang from the first year. Hart will be living in Paris for the fall.
- Maria, Natasha, Paul, and Lena: Chauny gang from the second year.
- M.: Good friend I met my first year when he randomly said that he saw us on Facebook, and that his "cousin" worked at my lycee. He's my knight in shining ski-cap, because he protects me from creepy guys.
- J. (gendarme): Met him our first year. I just reconnected with him on Facebook, so hopefully will be seeing him.
- C.: Crazy surveillant at my school. We crack each other up.
- S.: Surveillant at both lycees, firefighter, musician, nice guy. So many reasons to love him. He's always around town and at the cafe I always go to.
- Sn.: Another surveillant whose name starts with S, so I had to throw in another letter even though his name does not start with Sn. He's a super nice guy and apparently speaks English very well (a secret he held for a full year). Love dinner nights with him!
- Francois: His name is not Francois, but he told me this was his name when I first asked. Totally didn't believe him, and he got pretend offended. Natasha and I continued to call him that even though his real name is like the most common North African name ever.
There are a bunch of other people, but those are the ones I know for sure I'll be seeing (or at least mentioned a lot) when I first arrive.
Well, I will be semi-internetless when I first arrive, so don't expect very many updates until I can get the Internet set back up in my room. We all know that's a feat.
A bientot! Bisous!!
And Emily: the disgruntled former assistant who is now wasting away in North Carolina.
ReplyDeleteugh. So happy for you, but so mad for me.
Right! OMG! I can't believe I didn't add you in! You're my travel buddy! Hopefully, you'll be in Paris in January and will be making a re-appearance in my blog. Or, who knows? Maybe you'll get offered a contract for Nov-June if an assistant doesn't show???
ReplyDelete