Since Andromeda posted a picture of her shiny new boot, I thought I'd do the same. They're by Steve Madden, and I love them! I took the picture with my phone, because I was too lazy to get my actual camera.
The other night, my good friend Anna, our French prof, and I all went out to a Moroccan restaurant on the Eastside of Cleveland. It was so delicious! We split merguez (spicy sausages which are usually made from either lamb or beef) for our first course. For my main course, I had couscous with chicken. It was very good, but not nearly as good as Vero's (my host mom) couscous. Her ex's grandmother worked in the royal kitchens of Morocco, so that's the recipe she uses. She taught me how to make it last time I was down there, but I don't have the means to make it here. Anyway, back to the other evening. For dessert, we split French cigars which were some kind of sweet pastry. It's making me hungry just thinking about it. Anna also chose a great wine to go with our meal.
Great conversation was had. Lots of France talk and possible travel plans. Anna will be an assistant in Saint-Germain-en-Laye (outside of Paris) and most likely living in Paris. The last time we both were in France together, we did a shoddy job about meeting up, so this time we'll have to do better. And our prof will be there on sabbatical in the Spring. This should be a very good year.
I also gave my annual "How I will not be a lazy bum in France" speech/plan thing. Of course, my great plans have never actually happened. I also always say I'm going to write some of my blogs in French (I also said this before going to Middlebury) and that never happens. My prof suggested that I keep another blog strictly in French geared towards the French reader. She came up with a great title and everything. I'm going to set it up soon. I'll probably need someone to give me a kick every once and awhile so I'll actually update it. I'll post the link when I make it.
Two weeks from today, I will be in Paris. *le sigh* It looks like my British friends had an amazing time at Disneyland Paris. Jealous.
I should probably start thinking about packing. But we all know that I will start throwing things into my suitcases right before I leave. It's a tradition by now. I work better under pressure anyway.

Love the boots!
ReplyDeleteAlso, need that recipe for couscous! I think the last time I made it, I just served it like a side with peas and cordon bleu. Ben still laughs about it over a year later.