This time next week I will be somewhere over the Atlantic on my way to Paris. I can't wait! I'm getting more and more anxious for my depart. Of course, I am in no way ready (other than mentally ready). Packing is just a glimmer in the distant (err... near) future. Various purchases are strewn about the house. One suitcase is a little broken. Yeah, I am so ready.
I don't even know how I'm getting from the airport. Claude was supposed to let me know this week, but in true Claude fashion, I am still waiting on his response. And even if he says he'll come get me (I'm hoping the image of me and my suitcases is seared into his mind), we all know that I could easily be standing at the airport next Thursday, completely forgotten. Wouldn't be the first time he forgot me. LOL. Although I'd like to think he's gotten better over this past year. Maybe I've just become more annoying in pestering him.
Why am I suddenly even more impatient to get back? And it has nothing to do with the awkward conversation with one of my good Chauny friends recently (that I won't go into here because of some possible readers)... we'll just say it has something to do with a phrase involving the word "blanc". Some people might get that. We'll see if he's still persistent on that subject when I get to Chauny.
Anyway, I spoke to my lovely colleague surveillant C. Remember him? For those of you who don't or are new readers, C. and I cannot be trusted together. All we have to do is look at each other, and we crack up. Hilarity ensues. We have serious issues sometimes. Not to mention the endless face violations (the Chauny term of endearment for the bise) - C. goes above and beyond. Well, he collects keychains (as you may also remember). I bought him one in Quebec on a whim this summer but have been holding out on searching for one from around here (not an easy feat unless you want a sports one), because I was unsure if he was returning to my school. I finally got in touch with him this week - which involved me trying to get my American cell phone to cooperate in an MSN convo in French - and he is there! And he is now beyond excited that I will be back. The even better news is that he will be there the day of my arrival. Can't wait! No matter how tired I am, I'll be sure to have an evening full of laughter. And bien sur, the ultimate face violation err... bises when I present him with his gifts - including the treasured Cleveland/Ohio keychain that I purchased today.
I also found a few gifts for Veronique today besides her huge supply of gum I always come prepared with. One of my students asked for authentic American peanut butter, and since he always makes an effort to speak in English (something unheard of for my boys), I obliged. Maybe I should get something for Claude??? Hmm...
One week!!!
I just wanted to say i couldn't stop nodding when i was reading your first paragraph. Glad i'm not the only one who seems to be leaving it as late as posible =P
ReplyDeleteI hate you. Well not really, but you know what I mean.
ReplyDelete:(