The little shindig for the galettes des rois last night was really nice. The cakes were delicious. I didn't find the little "feve" inside, but oh well... I wouldn't have worn the crown anyway. A lot of teachers and faculty members came, including the couple who lives in our building with their two adorable little girls. Even the surveillants were able to come briefly. C. was beyond adorable with these two girls, better known as his "copines". And they adore him. I tried talking to the younger of the two, but she's never really seen me before so she hid her head against C.'s shoulder.
Earlier in the day, I had texted C. inviting him to an American meal I was planning on making next weekend. Of course, at the time, I had nothing planned since I would have a week to plan. When he came to dinner, he was talking with me about it and how he definitely wanted to come. The problem? He has plans next weekend in Amiens. In that moment, due to certain circumstances, I would have agreed to anything, so I blurted out that this weekend would work as well, and he was too quick to agree. D'oh! I had nothing planned whatsoever!
After a bit of freaking out and pleading for suggestions on what typically American thing I could make with just two burners, it has been decided that Roxy and I will be making French toast and scrambled eggs. What could be more American than breakfast foods for dinner? Plus, I already know he likes the French version, and I had talked about how we coat ours in syrup (which I've also made him try so I know he likes it), and he seemed interested.
In retrospect, I probably could have invited him for a dinner of potato chips, and he would have said yes. But anyways, so looking forward to Saturday night!
Because Anna is awesome, she was more than willing to switch our Paris plans to next Saturday. I love my friends!
Roxy just told me this because it happened behind me, so I kind of missed it. Apparently, last night at dinner, C. beamed A. in the back of his head with his gloves, because A. sat down next to me which is usually C.'s seat. Ahh... boys.
Two more hours of class to go for the week. I was able to sleep in a little later today, because I don't have the older BTSers for a month! Bye bye three hours of class a week including my two hours at 8am on Fridays for a month! I also need to remember to stop by the surveillant office after my class to pick up C.'s blanket he keeps here so he has something to make a bed out of Saturday night.
Can't wait for the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment